Before you begin
REQUIRED PARTS OF YOUR APPLICATION
Please type and gather all parts of the application before you fill out the on-line application to ensure you do not run into unexpected problems in submitting your application. All components must be included for your application to be considered complete:
Note: Have all your materials ready and saved as .pdf files as you will not be able to save and come back to the application.
- Application - fill out the on-line application by clicking on the "Apply" link on the left hand menu.
- Resume (pdf) - include the duration and extent of your involvement in 4-H, your roles and responsibilities, the size and scope of your effort, time spent, community impact, and what you accomplished individually or as part of a team. Also include any non-4-H volunteerism and community involvement.
- Essay (pdf) – Introduce yourself, including where you live, when and why you became involved in 4-H. Highlight your 4-H projects and activities, including major learning experiences, special interests, and achievements. Write about the ways 4-H has impacted your life, what life skills 4-H provided you and how you will utilize them in the future. Be sure to describe how 4-H has affected your personal development and prepared you for a successful life. Describe non-4-H related involvement, employment, school, sports, youth, and community engagement. Describe what two or four-year college you will be attending, what you plan to major in and plans for your future.
- Letter (pdf) of Recommendation – include one letter of recommendation from your county 4-H staff or 4-H club leader (cannot be a parent or relative).
- Photo (pdf or compressed image) – include a digital photo of yourself. Please send a clear, professional photo as it will be used for publicity purposes.
- Academic (pdf) Transcript – include a scanned copy of your high school transcript (unofficial is fine).
- Signed Authorization and Certification (.pdf). Download, sign, and ask your County 4-H faculty to sign.